Friday 19 April 2013

I'M WATCHING YOU WATCHING ME WATCHING YOU.



This picture always reminds me of the Whyalla Feedlot out at Texas Queensland for no other reason I suppose than that we had a red and tan Kelpie called Ralph Patrick who looked like this little bloke and that Texas was a town I was familiar with. 
 

I CAN SEE YOU

I’m watching you watching me watching you.
No way am I making a move.
You’re mooing enough for the whole herd,
but I think that you’re stuck in the groove.

I’m not scared one bit by your size Mate
for I’ve got the best kelpie genes.
You’re lucky I can’t get through the gate
I’m restrained by a lead so it  seems.

I’ll just stand and watch you there watching me.
You’re lucky I don’t snarl or bite.
I’m lucky that you don’t bite either?
Well OK - lets be friends then.  All right?


Maureen Clifford ©

No comments: